2000 Grand Am Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Grand Am Wiring Diagram

I can't seem to find service manuals anywhere for download. Anyone have any sources? I am trying to wrap my mind around the wiring and whether I need the BCM or not. I plan on rebuilding this motor(3400) and swapping it into my Fiero, but have no idea what the wiring looks like.

Of course I am asking this before I actually pull this apart, but wiring is a whole different beast than mechanics. I am trying to find out exactly what to pull and how to make it work at the moment. I am thinking I can manage without the BCM and just grab the PCM and wiring that goes directly to the engine, but this is going off of my 240sx engine swap where most of the wiring went straight to the motor. All I had to do is splice about 8 wires to make it run. For some reason, I have a feeling this swap will be a bit more difficult.

Plan on grabbing PCM, OBDII connector, and any wiring between the pcm and engine.

You don't need the BCM but you will probably need to flash the PCM to delete VATS. Alternatively you can re-pin the stock 2.8 harness for a 7730 ECM, change out a few pigtails and use/make a 3400 swap chip. That method is well documented.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
      You don't need the BCM but you will probably need to flash the PCM to delete VATS. Alternatively you can re-pin the stock 2.8 harness for a 7730 ECM, change out a few pigtails and use/make a 3400 swap chip. That method is well documented.
      I forgot to mention I have HPTuners, I will delete the VATS. I'm not sure why I didn't do that earlier, my ignition was going out and tripping out the security for a few years.

Comment

Sounds like you've got it well under control then
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

I have an ECM pinout posted here. no diagram though.

I posted this info in my intro thread, but I figured it would be more useful here... I've made a pinout sheet for GM obd2 V6 PCMs, I'm working on editing out the typos here and there, so please bare with me. So far, I've used this pinout, along with a L36 5 speed Fbody bin to make my 5 speed 3500 swap work correctly(hopefully...) the PCM's these pinouts are derived from support a variety of systems and accessories, including: FWD and RWD automatic Transaxles/Transmissions Manual
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
          X