upgrading from 3.1 mpfi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from 3.1 mpfi

I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any possible upgrades to an '88 pontiac 6000 ste awd with the 3.1 liter mpfi v6,i've heard of the non-awd models going up to 2nd generation 3800 supercharged's

never seen a 3800 6000. there isnt a whole lot of bolt ons, you can make an intake, and low restriction exhaust. you might try to find a turbo setup from the turbo grand prix, that would make a cool awd ste. awd needs torque, and for that you cant beat boost.
    If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

are there any shops than can stengthen the stock Turbo Hydra-matic 125c transmission?

Comment

i dont know anything about the automatics, come to think of it, i dont know much about trannies and how they go together. but i can calculate gear ratios... lol
        If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

you can get a Red eagle clutch kit with kolene steels, forged pump shaft, LSD, and add a shift improver kit to the th125c. I think there are a few shops that have built up models, but definitely not cheap.
          98 camaro swapping in lz9 th400 setup
          LZ9 specs: (Subject to Change work in progress)
          4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

Comment

Working...
          X