No announcement yet.

Beretta to Sunbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he said it was a 2.8 and he swapped in the 3100...

Comment

Originally posted by sharkey
      yea that doesnt count. sunbirds pre 89 all used 1st gen front clips.

what i mean (wich im sure you have figured out) is a 1st gen cavy clip on a 2nd gen cavy/bird.
      Yeah thought about that too, but I still don't understand why people think that even remotely looks good, I think it looks terrble. The 1st gen front NEEDS the squared off roof line and back end to flow proper, even worse is a 2nd gen front end on a 1st gen, makes me wanna barf, the proportions are all off.

The ONLY generation mix that I've seen that works, and actually works well is a 2nd genII PhII ('91 to '94) Base front end on an '82 to '87 hatchback.

Comment

That would look good...the sloping lines would accomodate each other nicely...

Comment

yea id personaly love to build a phase 2 z24 hatch. id do the full kit, front clip, interior (ive already done one 1st gen- phase 2 dash and wiring swap) along with a 3400. basicly build a nice clean car that looks like it should have come stock like that. my take on what gm should have built.

Comment

I just thought of something....

Was tan ever available as a body colour on a 2nd gen J-body? I think the last year Tan was used was '86, maybe '87.

Comment

Ive never seen a tan exterior...that is definately an early 80s color....

Comment

Which would you choose?

There are two berettas side by side in a junkyard here. One is a GTZ with a 3.1MPFI 5spd with 182k on it, the other is a Z26 with the 3100, questionable tranny, questionable miles...

Question is, which would you pick? The GTZ Im almost certain runs (nasty side impact collision totaled it) while the Z26 is in fantastic shape, making me think the engine is why its here...I dont have any pics of the Z26, but here are a few of the GTZ:

Comment

Working...
                X