I have a abs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a abs ?

hi I'm matt I'm new here.... I'm a fbody guy, I have a 98z28 m6 and a 93 rcsb k1500 m5

so anyway I also have a 97 cutlass supreme 3.l auto, it was my sisters old car I'm driving it as a beater right now. so ever since I have had the car the abs has never worked the abs light just stays on all the time and the abs does not work at all...... except every once in a while right after I start the car up I will start it up everything will be fine the abs light is still on. I drive off and the first time you try to stop the car the car goes crazy the abs light turns off, the low trac light turns on, the abs kicks in... but heres the kicker it does a HORRIBLE job at stoping the car the brake pedal locks up and you can't do anything but pull your foot up and then most of the time the low trac light will turn off and you can stop the car normally.

this has been happening for months now and it did it to someone else who was driving the car and she freaked out didn't know what to do lol

so anyway anyone know what the hell is happening? also is there a way to just disconnect the abs? I have always hated abs but this is making me hate it alot more

I'm sorry about my shitty gramer

Unplug the wheelspeed sensors and inspect connectors for corrosion/contamination and the wires for breaks in the insulation. Also make sure there's no accumulated gunk on the tone ring of the drive shafts for the front sensors to read.
    1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Working...
    X