1994 Grand Prix SE mono to 3link swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Grand Prix SE mono to 3link swap question

My 1994 Grand Prix SE as previously stated has a mono leaf in the rear. I would like to lower the car, I don't think I can do that with the stock mono set up. I want to swap it to the 3link that was found in the Grand Prixs, Monte Carlos, Luminas, etc. Question is, do the bolt patterns match between the two rear ends? I don't want to run into a situation of having to drill and tap fresh holes.

Remove the monoleaf & run coilovers, very easy to do. I recently did mine.

I made my own top hats & sleeves by casting & machining them, I don't need adjustability. There's many threads detailing the parts needed on w-body

I don't think any of the newer suspensions fit, this is much cheaper & easier.

Installed:

Before, with an unloaded trunk:

After, tools and extras in the trunk:

RIP - 94 GP SE
    DD - 95 GP SE
    Fun - 91 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo AWD Conversion

http://www.werbatfik.com

Comment

So would I keep the Mono leaf bracing? I know a friend of mine (Charlotte) had a Lumina a year younger than my Grand Prix and it had a 3link. I was just going to do a swap of the same generation rear ends if a 3link was avaible. I know my car had options for Mono or Coil Overs but I dunno if the Coil Over also had the three link.

Comment

The gen1 w-body came exclusively with the monoleaf. There were no options for rear coilovers.
        RIP - 94 GP SE
        DD - 95 GP SE
        Fun - 91 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo AWD Conversion

http://www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by JerryRigg View Post
          Remove the monoleaf & run coilovers, very easy to do. I recently did mine.

I made my own top hats & sleeves by casting & machining them, I don't need adjustability. There's many threads detailing the parts needed on w-body

]
          I wanna do the same. I have a 92 Lumina Z34 and like you, I really don't need the adjustability. Do you still have the casting die for the top hats. I would think they'd fit still being a W-body. My ass-end is starting to droop quite a bit. Also how has the ride/ handling changed? Positive and negatives, please

Comment

Working...
          X