Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in my transmission

Hey everyone,
    Radiator in my Maxx SS started leaking, so I installed a new one but unfortunately it was flawed, so I had to install the original until I got another replacement.

Somehow in the process I must have screwed up my trans cooling loop because when I put the 2nd new radiator in, I had a bit of trans fluid in my coolant reservoir and my trans fluid was a bit milky. The car has a 4t65e

It was only water thankfully, because I knew I was just going to redo it so I didnt use coolant. Just seeing what you guys think I should do and if any permanent damage is likely.

I am planning on dropping the pan tomorrow, and doing 2 fluid exchanges and a filter change. Just curious If there is a better process like using the trans pump or a small (100gph) pump to flush it.

The car drives completely fine if that helps.

Thanks!

Alright, just an update for anyone with this issue.
    I did a pan drop on thursday. What came out looked like dark strawberry ice cream. I replaced with dex 6, drove it a bit.
    Today I dropped the pan again. We have upgraded to what looks like cherry syrup.
    Car still drives fine but it is looking like I will have to do 2 more pan drops and a filter change when I am satisfied.

I have heard from a few shops that my transmission is toast and to expect it to fail on me soon. We shall see.
    No one but Jiffy Lube style places wanted to do a flush on it because it has over 60k on it, and said all they would do is a pan drop. So I figured I would do it myself.

Kicking myself at this point, gonna be way more money in fluid and time than flushing it haha.

Comment

Dropped the pan again this morning and it still looks like it needs to be done again.
      Should of had Chevy do it with their flush machine I guess haha.

Comment

Ok, I just finished the 5th pan drop fluid exchange and am satisfied with how the fluid looks now.
        Just thought I would let everyone know.

Comment

Working...
        X