4t60e problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4t60e problems

1993 4t60e from a bonneville ssei in my fiero at first i noticed loss of fluid, then noticed when in reverse it acted as throttle hung open ( possiable tcc problem???) ran great for about a week after symptoms, checked fluid low again no apperant leaks. refilled added lucas trans additive , that night on way to shop it felt like it lost gear but still had some pull if i reved high rpm. i could drop into N for a few sec and would act right until it went to down shift after letting off accelarater then same thing no gear and it feels like bake brakes are being applied. any help would be appreciated.
    87 fiero gt
    3800sc/4t60e
    1/8th Et 7.597
    60ft 1.579
    mph 88.53

I don't know about the fluid loss problem but are you using the factory computer from the bonneville to control the trans? how long have you been using the trans in the car? is it a new install or has it been in there a while?
    It could be a problem with the program or more likely a sensor. Might want to check the plug at the trans too.
    95 Beretta Z-26
    Don't need nitrous to go fast.
    Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

Elite .
      Thanks for reply

using the bonneville ecm. Been running great for since may of 2003. No check engine light but i cleared all codes drove down road tonight and came back still no SES light but ran codes came up with code 58 , says " trans temp high" from what i found on net. I drove 1 block probably less that 1/2 mile. could the trans temp sender be problem with locking in tcc ???
      87 fiero gt
      3800sc/4t60e
      1/8th Et 7.597
      60ft 1.579
      mph 88.53

Comment

According to the manual the tcc SHOULD only engage when the following factors are met. engine is warmed up, vehicle speed above 42 mph a/c off or 46 mph with a/c on and transaxle range in overdrive, tps not changing indicating steady road speed, brake switch closed. If you are getting code 58 the sensor might be failed. That also would cause driveability issues and cause tcc problems. let the car sit overnight, start it up and check for codes. If 58 pops up then the trans temp sensor is probably toast.
        95 Beretta Z-26
        Don't need nitrous to go fast.
        Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

Working...
        X