another transgo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another transgo question

I have a 3400 that i am going to use a "milzy stg 1" similar cam, and a 75 shot of nitrous. Will the transgo shift kit help my problems of slow shifts while on the spray? at the track, the car has a hard time shifting when i am applying the nitrous because of the rapid acceleration. What kind of parts do you think i need to upgrade for this extra power? and what brands do you recomend?
    94 Grand Prix
    3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

RE: another transgo question

the transgo junior kits for e trannies dont do much, but they help a little. i have one in mine but i have a different style convertor so theres a step i could not do.
    91 GTP HM-284 GONE
    96 Special Edition LQ1/4T60E GONE

98 Spawn of Satan (L67 Regal)
    87 V10 SM-465/Mild 350
    06 Cobalt SS/SC GONE

Comment

How many miles is on it? I'm assuming that it's a 4t60E that you have?
      97 Cavalier RS
      3400, Isuzu MK7

Comment

i have about 80k miles on that tranny, thats the third trans i have had on my car. The only one that has lasted a whole season... knock on wood... the trans is another junkyard trans. I have blown 2 running NA, and none so far with my 3100 on nitrous goin 14.40's. again knock on wood. yes it is a 4t 60e
        94 Grand Prix

Comment

Did you install and adjustable modulator to get more line pressure?
          95 Beretta Z-26
          Don't need nitrous to go fast.
          Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

Originally posted by JMo60
            i have about 80k miles on that tranny, thats the third trans i have had on my car. The only one that has lasted a whole season... knock on wood... the trans is another junkyard trans. I have blown 2 running NA, and none so far with my 3100 on nitrous goin 14.40's. again knock on wood. yes it is a 4t 60e
            Well, i was thinking that maybe you have a tranny that's on it's way. Normally it doesnt act funny, but under the nitrous you're getting a soft shift.

A shift kit is probably noted somewhere on their site that it's TECHNICALLY supposed to be installed on a new/rebuilt tranny. (not that anyone ever does). But it'll probably be beneficial to start with a fresh tranny. The kit should help the problem, by shifting harder it's going to be eliminating slip time between gears, which is said to increase the life of the clutches.
            97 Cavalier RS
            3400, Isuzu MK7

Comment

yeah, i have 2 old trannies in my garage, i think that im going to rebuild one of them, then use some type of shift kit to eliminate the overly soft shift under nitrous.
              94 Grand Prix

Comment

A "little" off topic but, FWIW I have been using Type F fluid in my 3t40, and it noticeably improved the shift "firmness".
                Now it has been noted/argued here and elsewhere that due to the fact Type F does not have the friction modifiers used in GM fluids, it can shorten tranny life.
                I have three seasons on mine (about 1000 passes) and ~ 10,000 km's and still no ill effects that I can feel.

Comment

where did you find adjustable vaccum modulators? i imagine that they came frome a different type of transmission. I have the B&M shift improver, which is only good at part throttle shifts(who cares about hard part throttle shifts?) Wouldnt the adjustable modulator only be good for part throttle shifts as well?
                  94 Grand Prix

Comment

Actually, it is the other way around. GM fluids will shorten the life of a Ford tranny. Type F has been used for years in GM applications. One of the "first" shift kits. I still use it today.

There is a write up on it. You'll see it when we get our news page back.
                    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X