Using 3100 injectors in Fiero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 3100 injectors in Fiero

I tried to install some brand new(new as in no miles but came from crate engine so have been sitting for a bit) 3100 injectors into my 88 Fiero v6.

After,I tried to start it and it didnt' start. I had a pulse signal to the injector so I knew it was getting power. I pulled the injector to check to see if it was spraying and it wasn't. in fact none of the injectors were spraying.

Are the 3100 injectors using a different signal or different impedence then my stock injectors? I am positive it has nothing to do with them coming form a sequential car cause thats all in the computer program. Think its possible that all the injectors are stuck shut? Or is it they need a different signal in order to fire??

Thanks

Um if the bodies are the new style then yes they have different impedence.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks. I have a set of 19#'s though here too that look like the 3100 ones and they work in my car. The 19# are accel ones but were supposed to be replacments for 305 engines so maybe thats why they work. I will get some pics so you know what I am talking about.

Well I guess since the 3100's won't work I will put them up for sale

Shaun

Comment

Have you checked the resistance to be sure and see how far of they actually are?
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
        X