Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum/ 60V6 Question

Greetings,
    I'm a newbie so bare with me. I just bought a '95 Fbody with 5sp tranny and the 3.4 V6. I hope to be using it as a doner car for a 1959 Hillman Husky that I plan to Hot Rod. I know little about this engine except it seems to be a favored 60V6. Is this a Aluminum Head engine?( I still wait delivery on car.) How much does this engine weigh? Is there a more attractive throttle body set up for this motor? I find this the least attractive 60V6. Any other info would be helpful. Thanks! Grits

The motor is iron head. The engine block weighs 110 LBS with bearing caps on it. Ready to run I think it is still under 400LBS but I have never herd an official weight. There is several induction setups available for the iron head motor. You can go to a 2bbl or 4bbl carb, throttle body injection from the S-10 trucks. Or use a different multi port fuel injection manifold.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Or swap to the newer, tons-better-flowing 2000+ alum. heads and LIM, and buy the carbed UIM and distributor setup that's currently on ebay. I'm not selling it btu i think it's friggin cool

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
      Cammed 3500 --> ???
      1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Shortblock weighs 220lbs with the timing cover/set, oil pan, and no water pump or flywheel. The iron head top end weighs just over 81lbs, and the aluminum head top end is 45.

Don't buy that manifold from ebay. It doesn't even compare to fuel injection on an appropriately designed LIM (lower intake manifold).
        Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 11-25-2007, 03:26 AM.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

you could also use the small port aluminum manifolds which might be more desireable for you if you like the "finned" look, you lose a little HP but it may fit the look a little better

i actually have a full top end set in the for sale section and i believe theres also a large port set in there aswell, either way they're pretty easy to find
          Last edited by El_Diablo; 11-25-2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            you could also use the small port aluminum manifolds which might be more desireable for you if you like the "finned" look, you lose a little HP but it may fit the look a little better

i actually have a full set in the for sale section and i believe theres also a large port set in there aswell
            3500 plenum has the "fin look" as well .
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

true, forgot about that, guess thats because i haven't gotten mine yet

Comment

Working...
              X