fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fans

well i just found out my fan died sometime within the last week so im going to upgrade, it failed to keep my engine cool at a stop (which may have changed with a tune). im thinking about getting a dual setup but i would just like your opinions

puller fan vs pusher fan? any different other than where you mount it? what about one of each?

any1 know the CFM of a stock 2.8 v6 fan?

it also has to be thin if its a puller, i think my header killed my stock one, its about an inch away

any brands to stay away from?
    sigpic
    88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

I hear a puller setup is more efficient. Pushers are very inefficient if you have an a/c condenser to push the air through since there's usually an air-gap between that and the rad. The air will just take the path of least resistance around the radiator.

Spal is a brand that pops up fairly often in my searches. I need a thinner fan too for my SC project and the thinnest ones are around 3.5"-3.75" thick at the motor. I ended up ordering a 14" perma-cool "finger-chopper" aluminum fan. It had a really high cfm rating but that might be unloaded airflow, but I hear some have had some amount of success with them and they were cheap. If it isn't enough I'll find a 2nd, smaller 10-12" fan to supplement it.
    1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Working...
    X