93 Grand Prix 3.1, Cam lobe wore off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Grand Prix 3.1, Cam lobe wore off.

I have a 93 Grand Prix with a 3.1l engine. The last lobe on the camshaft wore off so bad that it won't open the exhaust valve. I have a motor out of a 90 Corsica and was wondering if the camshaft was the same or if it would add power or lose power. Any comments would be great.

same cam
    Robby Whitesell
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT
    1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

Yea same cam. But if you got the cash get a new cam and lifter set.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I have a 93 Grand Prix with a 3.1l engine. The last lobe on the camshaft wore off so bad that it won't open the exhaust valve. I have a motor out of a 90 Corsica and was wondering if the camshaft was the same or if it would add power or lose power. Any comments would be great.
        I got the cam changed in my car done last week. The cam was the same except that the corsica cam had a longer duration. Now I can't get it to cool down, runs pretty hot all the time. I think I have an air lock but i can't seem to get it out. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem after having the topend off of a 3.1l and how did you get rid of it.

Comment

You need a vacuum tool. It hooks up to the resivoir tank and pulls a vacuum. YOu then open up a valve and the vacuum will pull in coolant from a bucket.

Or just drive around and after a few cycles it chould be gone.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
          X