Which vacuum hose went here? *PIC*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which vacuum hose went here? *PIC*

I'm trying to get my motor back together after fixing a leaky LIM gasket, and I'm having trouble remember what went where exactly, and how things were routed. This nipple on the Upper Intake... which vacuum hose went on to it? I'm not seeing any disconnected hoses anywhere so I can't figure out what I'm missing.

1995 Monte Carlo LS

On my old engine, that was just a spare vacuum port that was capped off.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Mine was never capped off, so I'm pretty sure something had to have gone there.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

i just took these pics and accoring the the emissions sticker, its for some type of accesory

that L shaped piece right above my index finger? thats where it ends up...
        Attached Files
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

It's extra from the factory. On my car aftermarket cruise was attached to it.

I later took the cruise off capped it, and connected the cruise to the PROPER spot up by the window wiper motor that had a factory T capped off, which goes to the vacuum canister, and now the cruise works as intended instead of not pulling anymore when the throttle opens... LOL
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Oh ok, that's the hose that draws vacuum for the HVAC controls if I'm not mistaken. The "L" piece has disappeared, so I'll just have to cap it for now.
            1995 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

doesn't it cost like $2 for 4 T's at autozone(i'm sure there are 90* elbows as well)? seems like a bad tradeoff to lose your panel vents for that little.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                doesn't it cost like $2 for 4 T's at autozone(i'm sure there are 90* elbows as well)? seems like a bad tradeoff to lose your panel vents for that little.
                I meant just in the interest of getting my car running I'd cap it off temporarily. I had a bunch of spare vacuum caps laying around the basement. But actually vent controls haven't been working for a while now since that vac line had a break in it for several years now.

Next I need to figure out what kept my power steering lines from flopping around. I just have them zip tied at the moment.
                1995 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

Working...
                X