Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No power under part-throttle. Normal at WOT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt isn't fully integrated yet. Still need to wire in the coolant temp and air temp sensors which I know is trivial but spare time is a luxury. MS is sharing the TPS, 3x high/lo from the ICM for RPM, power and grounds with the ECM. I'm using some 6-way electrical connectors for the injectors so I can make either MS or the PCM run the injectors if needed untill I start using the 36lb ones.

I've tried having megasquirt connected but not controlling anything but it's seems to cause slightly too much of a draw on the ICM's signal and causes the engine to stumble and stall seconds later. I think the ICM loses it's signal output a little when it heats up (always happens when in stop and go traffic where it nears the fan engagement temp) and might have to find another source for the RPM monitoring like the external crank trigger setup. I'll have to find out if the "tach out" on the ICM is compatible. Or maybe the CPS needs replacement but it's a bitch to get at. The engine runs fine at those same temps with MS disconnected.
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-14-2009, 10:23 PM.
    1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Working...
    X