No announcement yet.

'86 GenII V-6 Distributor Firing Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '86 GenII V-6 Distributor Firing Order?

Hello Everyone, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot to post. I'm a newbie and also tried searching this with no luck. I'm just trying to find a picture or anything that shows the firing order of the Distributor Cap on my '86 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L V-6. I found the firing order of the engine (firewall side 1,3,5) (radiator side 2,4,6). Just trying to find how they fire on the Cap? Any info will help alot! Thanks!!

this should answer your question.
    Attached Files
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Robert...thankyou so much!! So make sure the #1 plug wire starts where the black circle is in the picture, then just go clockwise 2-3-4-5-6, and coil wire in the middle. Well here we go, gonna go try that out. Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
        this should answer your question.
        That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on their luggage!

EDIT: In case no one gets the Spaceballs reference

A scene from the movie "Spaceballs" (MGM, 1987). I use it to educate people to choose better "combinations" aka passwords. The scene has been slightly edited...
        Last edited by pocket-rocket; 12-09-2010, 06:18 PM.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
        X