No announcement yet.

1996 3100 SFI V6 Engine Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the LIM gaskets and oil. Use the metal Felpro set.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I know thew gaskets are cheap but is it easy to do? My dads worked on a lot of cars but he refuses to work on it....He says i should just sell it.

Comment

Yes, it is easy to do. It's easier than changing head gaskets (for obvious reasons) and changing transmissions. The only difference between this engine and old style push rod V-8's besides the obvious smaller packaging and 2 less cylinders is that part of the lower intake forms the mating surface for the valve cover as far as wrenching is concerned. That and it's fuel injected which means wires and sensors n stuff.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

It is a very easy task, it would take about 8 hours for an amature to do. just remove everything one step at a time, dont break any clips, and have everything orginized as your remove it, especially the pushrods. you will have to remove them to remove the LIMG, but you can get a pry tool to lift the rockers as appous to unbolting them and then re-tourqing them. the EGR is best just unbolted from the intake and pushed aside, and the coolant lines are a bit of a pain in the ass, but its really easy to do. You just gotta take your time. make sure you tourge down the lower intake aswell.
          It wouldnt hurt to lift the car up a foot or so with jackstands to make it easier on the back.

Bob

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Thank you guys so much for all the advice and help. Might start tearing it apart this weekend. I think I got my dad motivated to help me. I told him he needs to help me learn this stuff. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X