Cam Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Bearings

Whats new guys? I have a 2.8l in a '89 Corsica. The motor is currently out of the car because of misdiagnosed motor problem. I've decided to do head gaskets on it since its out, some of the old silicone fell into the cam valley. I took it out and noticed that the outside bearing is scored from me removing it previously. The motor has around 70,000 miles on it so i'm committed to putting it back together. I'm just not sure if i'm in way over my head on it or is it something that I could do. Is it difficult to replace these?

Thanks,

Its best to take it to someone with the tools and experiance, that way its on them, It wont cost much, the tool is worth atleast 60$ and they shouldnt charge you more than 40$ plus the bearing.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

That makes sense because of it being a constantly moving part. I would have liked to do it myself but like i said it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
        Its best to take it to someone with the tools and experiance, that way its on them, It wont cost much, the tool is worth atleast 60$ and they shouldnt charge you more than 40$ plus the bearing.
        X2 have a machine shop do it, saves you time and money if something went wrong with doing it yourself.
        Pontiac Fuel For Your Soul!

Comment

Working...
        X