Found: Deal on Iridium plugs & Question on wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found: Deal on Iridium plugs & Question on wires

Just received new plugs (ACDELCO Part # 41101) for my Uplander from Rockauto.com.
    $4.60 each, -$2 mail in rebate each, -5% coupon code, + 3.17 shipping. These sell for $6.99 at advance.

How do you guys feel about Autolite plug wires? I know people that have had trouble with cheap wires (Auto Zone junk). I have had good luck Napa professional line. But I've got $25 to advance coming my way and they sell autolite $30 -$10 mail in rebate. Any opinions or experiences?

Thanks
    Josh

I have autolites on my truck and haven't had an issue with them myself, other than one of the connectors inside the boot coming off when I removed them. Had there been a guard behind my timing belt pulley I wouldn't have been removing them (pulley rubbed on one of them a bit). But, since the connector did come off they exchanged them no problem. The rubbed bit was my fault, but the connector was deemed a defect.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Depends on the vehicle. My 2000 z24 2.4 dohc and my 87 fiero only liked acdelco plugs. If I ran others I would develop a miss under load at low Rpm. It would be so bad I would have to keep the engine above 3,000 Rpms to stop it from bogging down. This would happen in less then 5,000 miles. I read somewhere to only use acdelco plugs and haven't looked back. That's just my experience. Now my 89 z24 with a 3400 will take anything.

Comment

When it comes to plug wires get the best you can buy. It also helps to use a ohm meter to find the set with the lowest ohms.
        95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
        High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
        Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Working...
        X