Help, new rebuilt engine no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, new rebuilt engine no power

This is my first post here but have been following and searching this forum for years with anything I needed help on and it has been great.

I finished rebuilding my engine and got it in my car it revs freely up to ~3000 rpms in park but has no power while driving.

What i have:

2004 grand am
    bored 20 0ver
    engine balanced
    wot tech street/strip cam
    stage 1 ported heads with 3500 valves
    comp 26986 springs
    arp head studs and rod bolts
    pacesetter headers
    diy ported upper and lower intake (not even gasket matched)

Still has stock air box and stock exhaust with gutted cat i thought it was clogged.

Getting a check engine light for p0336 and tried to get a local guy with tech 2 to do a crank sensor relearn and he say he couldn't because the tech 2 show 2 other codes one for no oil pressure I added an autometer gauge and the other for low voltage for 02 sensor.

I currently have not had the pcm tuned yet is there anything other than a tune that will help at this point? I feel like it is running lean.

After searching i realize the low voltage to oxygen sensor is probably because i attempted to cut and extend the pre-cat sensor. Does any have a better suggestion on extending the wiring to reach the bung on the headers?

I have a new rear o2 sensor can I use that for a front O2 sensor I believe they have the same plug and are both 4 wire?
    Last edited by jacobnettles87; 09-18-2015, 12:03 PM.

Timing chain one tooth off?

Comment

I don't think so I tried to make sure it was lined up. I used a straight edge to line up both marks with the hole in the guide.
      I've purchased hp tuners and noticed my O2 voltage was all over the place so i reset my fuel trims and unplugged the front O2 sensor to put he car in open loop and it idles better i haven't driven it again.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X