No announcement yet.

Still Runs Poorly... ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG... he's checked the plug wiring (and changed it) several times so far. He has swapped out the ICM and coils with known good ones, and re-installed them in another car (where they still work), and he has checked all of the wiring and connections (only a wire disconnected due to having the digital dash). I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm sure he is getting sick of people telling him to check things he has already checked several times over, and I'm getting sick of seeing people recommend things that have been recommended at least 2-3 times before. I say go with the alternator, cause you have nothing to loose. The alternator might have been going prior to the plug change, and once you got the new wires and plugs in there, it just shit itself. IMO, it's worth a try...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

hmm, i dont know brad i think he should check it again those wires might not be installed correctly. :P :P

sorry i just had to...
      Colin
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
      90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
        OMG... he's checked the plug wiring (and changed it) several times so far. He has swapped out the ICM and coils with known good ones, and re-installed them in another car (where they still work), and he has checked all of the wiring and connections (only a wire disconnected due to having the digital dash). I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm sure he is getting sick of people telling him to check things he has already checked several times over, and I'm getting sick of seeing people recommend things that have been recommended at least 2-3 times before. I say go with the alternator, cause you have nothing to loose. The alternator might have been going prior to the plug change, and once you got the new wires and plugs in there, it just shit itself. IMO, it's worth a try...
        haha... thanks its kinda un-nerving to see the same things repeatedly, but its OK, I dont mind as long as people are trying to help its cool by me. I understand its a long thread, and I have repeated myself a lot I'm sure, so it must be pretty cumbersome to read it all. Ya I suppose at this point I do have nothing to loose by changing the alt. But I gotta say I'll be going with the cheapest (new) one I can possibly find. lol.
        1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
        1994 Corvette
        LT1/ZF6
        2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
        3.7/42RLE

Comment

Originally posted by jmgtp
          Originally posted by bszopi
          haha... thanks its kinda un-nerving to see the same things repeatedly, but its OK, I dont mind as long as people are trying to help its cool by me. I understand its a long thread, and I have repeated myself a lot I'm sure, so it must be pretty cumbersome to read it all. Ya I suppose at this point I do have nothing to loose by changing the alt. But I gotta say I'll be going with the cheapest (new) one I can possibly find. lol.
          Hey, the advanced auto special (umm...paladium, I think?) works great on mine. Puts out the most power of all the acdelco remans I've had. You might also want to run a 0 gauge ground off the battery to the frame. I did...helped me out some. Even without a stereo.
          \"I think I\'ll take this oppurtunity to remove my ears.\"
          --Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

94 Grand Am GT 3100 16.4@83mph
          WAI, custom exhaust, MSD Coils

Comment

Working...
          X