engine block filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine block filler

has anyone ever tried this hardblok filler thing ???

I am seriously considering it cause my block(2.is gonna
    be bored over to 3.57 inch.

I know that ARI has bored (stroked) a 2.8 to 3.4L.
    so that would be achieved by stroking to 3.1L(3.1crank/pistons)
    and a rebore of 3 millimeters !!

mine will be rebored to 3.57 so taht would be 2 millimeters
    butt with boost

considering a block filler as an extra safety margin

anyone??
    nothing's impossible-it's just a mindset

You should have the block resleeved so the pistons will fit. It is already not a good idea to bore the 2.8/3.1 sleeves to a 3.4 then you add boost, why waste the money on something unreliable? Maybe you have cash to throw around then again you wouldn't be messing with this engine.
    Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
    Pet Waste Removal Omaha
    We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
    (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

"has anyone ever tried this hardblok filler thing"

I thought block filler was used to completely fill the coolant passages, for those building motors only for drag racing.
      Curtis
      91\' Turbo Z24
      http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

summit actually has a kit to half or partialy fill a SBC. they claim stronger bottomends, and better cooling.
        If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

a "professor overdrive" article, filling a SBC to the bottoms of the freeze/core plugs, yaddah yaddah blah blah. "short fill" is what they called the kit.
          If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

my buddys dad has a 565ci bowtie block in his chevette, and he filled his it with concreate and he can still drive downtown cruise all nite do a couple passes, then come home and never overheats it. (or runs out of gas, HAHA) If there is sufficiant oil cooling that cools the cyl walls enough to be safe
            VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
            VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
            2.8L Chevette Roadcar
            3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

i have used hard block in a few engines i have built, one was a full fill engine that was for drag racing the other 3 engines where street/ race engines and where only filled to the bottom of the freeze plugs. all 3 engines where less noisy and 1 one of them a 400 chevy ran cooler. i have not tried it on a 3x00 mtor yet, but i see no downside to patialy fillinh the block, but i agree overboring one of these engines that much is excessive. and filling the block will not help unless you fill it all the way and that is a very bad idea on a street motor or anything short of a drag engine.

Comment

keep in mind here guys, ARI bores there block .120 over to achive the 3.4l, he is only boring the block .070 over. yes .060 makes people twitchy. the only way i would go .070 over is if i had the block sonic tested first to determine the thickness of the cylinder walls before you bore it. this will allow you to figure out how much you have left.

i dont think hardblocking is going to give you that much extra strength.

Comment

.070, pff bore it, and if it blows up these blocks are a dime a dozen.. get a new one.. try it again.. thats hotrodding.. dragsters dont make 8000Hp because the teams asked questons b4 they tryed sonthing stupid. good luck
                  VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
                  VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
                  2.8L Chevette Roadcar
                  3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

well overhere these engines aren't that plenty.

that's also a reason why I am trying to
                    figure out if this is going to last.

Comment

Why not get it resleeved? I don't keep saying this for the hell of it. You can resleeve to a bigger bore and stronger sleeves. That way no boring issues and reliability is GREATLY improved.
                      Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                      Pet Waste Removal Omaha
                      We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
                      (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

okay,that seems a "safe" option.

how much hp would these sleeves hold ?

should be about the same as a standard bore(or more?)

aren't there issues with the deck/headbolts..because the deck is going to lose some rigidity from the sleeves ??

thanx,B

Comment

if you are that woried about your block to hold just bore it out 30 over and get new pistons for it they cant be that pricey
                          01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

Depends on what kind of piston. Hypereutectics (however you spell that) are around 20 each. Most forged pistons are going to run you around 80 each.
                            Curtis
                            91\' Turbo Z24
                            http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

Where exactly are you located Bjorn? Perhaps a good 92mm block could be located and shipped to you from North America.

Do you think that would be feasible?
                              He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X