2.8 Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 Intake

What aftermarket intakes are there for the2.8 besides the Truelo. I got a stock MPFI 2.8 and looking for some mods.
    00 Grand Prix GTP Daytona

whoa that's one wicked intake
    Attached Files
    01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

they also have headers
      01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

Got headers and I've seen that intake. Any other aftermarket intake besides that one.

Comment

What hood will that thing fit under?
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

the trueleo intake was designed for the fiero, and it will clear the hood of an f-body. i enquired about measurments, but never got an aswer back, they just told me it wont clear the hood on any fwd.

Comment

There are no otehr aftermarket off the shelf intakes for efi. sorry

Comment

They make one for the 2.8L Camaro and Firebird. The only real difference is the neck comes down instead of to the side.

Comment

Hey 2.8, did Dave say that he couln't make you ANYTHING?! I know he said something about the interference of the IAC motor, do you have a good pic of your UIM/TB? (I'm not sure the difference between the 3.1 and 2.8's)
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    Hey 2.8, did Dave say that he couln't make you ANYTHING?! I know he said something about the interference of the IAC motor, do you have a good pic of your UIM/TB? (I'm not sure the difference between the 3.1 and 2.8's)
                    Dave just saind that his intake wouldn't fit with the 2.8 TB. There is a difference in what connect to the top of the TB I believe. I don't know what all connects to it but it was changes with the 3.1. Slight difference.
                    Last edited by 2.8RS; 02-15-2007, 11:16 PM.

Comment

west coast fiero sells one that sort of looks stock and costs about 200 dollars more than the trueleo. i got the trueleo intake and its a nice design and really takes the boring out of the stock 2.8. its got air horns inside the main chamber and the throttle response/powerband is excellent, despite the low hp numbers of the engine. took a while to get though, gonna get their headers once i finish deciding what im going to my engine.

not sure but the 88 fiero intake might be better, ive seen it mentioned as being different from the earlier manifolds but it still isnt that great.

Comment

All the Fiero intakes are the same specs.

Essentially the only really good options are Trueleo or converting to the Holley/Edelbrock carb system. The Trueleo is an easier mod. The carb conversion is rather challenging.

Arn
                        Arn Brown

Comment

Though no longer available, Offenhauser made a 4bbl manifold for 660.I had one with a 390 Holley carb.In my opinion it was better than the Edelbrock.

Comment

This intake cost me less than $150...is it pretty? hell no...do I care about pretty? hell no...does it performance well? HELL YEAH. I need to get some more up to date pics I now have dual port nitrous on it.
                            Attached Files
                            Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                            Pet Waste Removal Omaha
                            We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
                            (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

really cool if you have the skills

That dual throttle body intake is very cool if you have the skills to fabricate.

Are you building them for other guys or do you have plans to share?

ARn
                              Arn Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X