3100 W Body Quarter Mile Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3100 W Body Quarter Mile Times

What kind of times has anyone gotten out of their 3100 Equipped W-Bodys?

I have just a Short Ram intake and I felt that it made a big difference.

I tried to search before asking this but didn't find anything solid.

I have a 1996 Cutlass Supreme SL 4 Door with the 160 Horse 3100 and the 4t60E Trans and the car feels peppier than my old 2000 Civic Si.

Anyone ever get into the 15's with minor mods?

Very interested.

Dan
    ModernGMcars.com

High 16's are the normal 1/4 times you will expect. I ran 16.7 to 16.9 in my 95 3100 Grand Prix. My 96 Grand Prix ran 16.3. That is stock vs stock.

Cold air intake, downpipe, and swapped 3400 manifolds should give you high 15's.
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

I ran a 15.8 with my 3100 MPFI Cutlass Supreme, but it was NOT minor bolt ones. It was a custom built BEAST. Before I blew it up, I had done a lot more to it, but I never got to go to the track again. Several of my friends think that it was probably in the low 15's, high 14's, but since I never got to go to the track, I can't back that up. SOMEWHERE, I have my track slips saying it did a 15.8
      Taylor
      1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
      1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
      1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
      1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
      "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Hardly a beast when doing high 15's O.O
        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

well, maybe not. But after that run, we took the car to a dyno and found out I had a massive valve float problem. It was after that run that I installed the LS6 valve springs, custom pushrods, headers, and then got Ben to tune it.

When I did that run, I had not had ANY tuneing, and was running the car on a STOCK 1993 3.4 DOHC ECM and CHIP.

I never got a chance to run it again at the track after I did those last upgrades, so I tell people it was a high 15's car. I don't have proof otherwise.

I would also like to point out that when I ran it at the track, I didn't take anything out of the trunk, the spare tire was still in it, I had a full tank of gas, and a complete interior. The way that car went down the track was the same way it went down the interstate everyday to work.

For a midsize car pushing 3500 lbs, I think high 15's is pretty damn good considering stock with the 2.8, it was a high 19's car.
          Taylor
          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Excuses, excuses...
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

well Brad, you were one of the few people that got to ride in the car after it was tuned. I wanted to get it too the track while we were in Bowling Green, but since Ben was having trouble tuneing it, I didn't get too.

I know Chris (GPXSS), and Jon (ridgerunner), and even John (pocketrocket) were all pretty suprised by it.

Actually, did you get to ride in it? Now that I think about it, all I can remember doing with you was since I had my upper intake manifold off to fix that broken wire, I test-fitted that plenum you were making.

Damn, that was a long time ago.
              Taylor
              1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

I was thinking more like a 16.0-16.4. Maybe my car is a freak but it feels very healthy.

Just wanted to take this time to also say how reliable my Cutlass has been.

I drive anywhere from 200-300 miles a day and it gets great gas mileage a no probs.

I don't want to jinx myself but I haven't had a flat or any other problem in 3 years and 50,000 miles I've owned it.

When the time comes I'll be getting another work car powered by the 3100/4t60E combo.

Dan
                ModernGMcars.com

Comment

I ran a 16.0 stock other than muffler in my beretta which is around a 3000lb car. Most of the berettas with my engine run mid-high 16's. My motor has always ran great. I'm somewhere in the 15's now. Hopefully with exhaust and maybe later if I go megasquirt piggy back to tune I can get it down to low 15's on the original 215,000mile 3100
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Back in the days I got beaten by a Beretta in my 87 Grand National with mods.

They definately have potential
                    ModernGMcars.com

Comment

Either it was a custom turbo beretta or your GN wasn't running well at all!!! How long back was that?
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by 3100 MPFI View Post
                        I know Chris (GPXSS), and Jon (ridgerunner), and even Jon (pocketrocket) were all pretty suprised by it.
                        That thing was insane. I swear it pulled from idle to redline like a mad man. I don't think high 14's would have been a problem in that car.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                        Originally posted by Jay Leno
                        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

best I ever did with mine when it was stock was 16.6. Im REALLY interested to see what it would run now.
                          sigpic
                          1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                          3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                          1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                          350/NV3500 5spd
                          2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                            Either it was a custom turbo beretta or your GN wasn't running well at all!!! How long back was that?

It was August 2000, shortly after I got the car. The only Turbo I heard was mine. My GN was almost stock. I only had an Adjustable wastegate set at 17 psi and an intake with K&N Filter. In that trim I ran 13.0's at around 105.

The Beretta could have had anything under the hood, but nevertheless I lost.

The GN got stolen from me about a week after I moved back to NY.

Back in the early 90's All sorts of fast cars would run at Fountain Ave and I remember some super fast Berretta's.

Dan
                            Last edited by fastdan; 06-21-2008, 10:56 PM.
                            ModernGMcars.com

Comment

Wow, I wonder what they had in them... I haven't heard anything like that on the beretta forums in regards to early 90's modding.
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Working...
                              X