Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4/3500 Toyota Pickup

Hello all, Im new here and admire the site...Soo much info

Anyway, I have a 82' Toyota pickup. I already built a ported 20/22R HYBRID (go figure)in it and it scoots, but I need more. (Id post pics but ???) I only have 2 issues with an engine swap. It has to be light and the engine cannot be wide. The rig wieghs in at 2100 lbs currently.

60* to the rescue So just a few questions on what im planning. Just the actual engine for now.

RWD 3.4 Camaro shortblock. (anyone know where to get forged slugs?)
    3500 top end
    3.4 DOHC windage tray? Can it fit a gen 1 block, with a rwd oil pan?
    Crower 278* cam for the redicoulus 11.5:1 compression ratio. (is it enough cam? More?)
    WOT-TECh seems to have the ARP hardware I need.

It seems that a well built 3.4/3500 hybrid is good for well over 200RWHP. can someone verify? I was planning origanally on a ford 5.0, but a V6 would be that much better(and cheaper). I have a set of SVO 1.6 roller rockers.Perhaps I could get them to fit.

One last question. A v6 t-5 transmission, will it survive? Im thinking not...

Thanks in advanced for any input. This will be a piece by piece build, so no rush at all.
    Oliver

4X4 or 2WD? Depending on clearance a different oil pan may have to be used. The DOHC windage tray can be used on all the pans but the 4WD pan just needs a bit of massaging. Nothing a propane torch and a hammer can't fix.

Your cam choice should work fine. But I doubt those Ford rockers will work. But there are aftermarket 60* rockers if you want them.

A WC T5 from a 92 or 93 S-10 will work fine. Especially on such a light truck.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Its a 2wd truck.
      Building an oil pan or Exhaust manifolds doesnt bother me. Im glad to hear the windage tray will work. Is a crank scraper worth the effort?

Comment

For RPM below 7000K I doubt you will notice it. I know the EMC guys were not even seeing gains with windage trays at RPMs up to 6500 but they all run one so they don't feel guilty.

I don't think you will have to build a pan there are quite a few styles to choose from. You may be able to adapt headers from and S-10 or Camaro
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
        X