wiring a 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring a 3.4

im working on getting the swap of my 3.4 SFI engone into my 87 s10 sorted out. to that end, i need some help. im thoroughly confused by the compuetr end of things, so i need simple, easy to undertsnad answers.

i will be retaining the multiport and DIS for my swap

i ahev already gotten a 7727 ecm and a painless harness to hack up to make an engine harness

i also have gotten a wiring diagram for a 91 chevy lumina that uses a 3.1 DIS MPFI engine and 7727 ECM.

now, onto the questions
    1. the ECM is currently programmed for a L98 corvette. i know ill need to burn/ hav a chip burned. there is way too much info for me to comprehend about this. is there a simple answer? a bin that has already been done, or one that is close enough to get the truck running, reliable, and drivable?
    2. the lumina diagram that i have is from autozone's web site. woill it probably be accurat, or is there a better one to use?
    3. the diagram is also for an automatic car. im running a stick. what wires gowhere?
    4. what all sensors do i need to retain for proper engine function? emissions are not a problem here, and the s10 doesnt require any of the AC stuff. other than that, what?

i would love to be spoon fed all the answers to these questions. i would also love to be referred to sites where i can start learning about all the tuning stuff. but it has to be written for a guy thats still trying to figure out how to use excel. im not a computer guy. or math for that matter.

thanks for any help you can throw my way.

michael
Working...
X