X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Band!!!!!!!!!!

Ok 2 ?s

Good price quality @ deal?

I have never used or seen one of these ones before so, can the controller be unplugged and installed on another vehicle easily if they have a WB already, for tuning purpose?

Thanx.
    As of April 2
    3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
    ----------------------------
    Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
    Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
    Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
    Injectors: #36 GTPs
    TB: 65mm TCE
    Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
    Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
    Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
    Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

I know the Innovative LC1 is a very popular unit, and there are several people on here that currently own one. As far as unplugging the controller, I have no idea.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

As long as you have two of the same o2 sensors then yes the controller can be used on multiple cars. Typically these are just Bosch LSU 4.2 type wideband O2 sensor regardless of the controller included.

One thing to remember is with this kit I think you need to calibrate it every time you switch the sensor thats connected to it.

My PLX wideband I do not need to calibrate ever.
      Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 02-24-2010, 02:47 PM.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

That's a pretty good deal. But I think your looking for something like an old LM-1 or there latest LM-2. Both are hand held units made to be switched between cars. The LC-1 is more of a permanent install deal.
        Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

The manual recommends re-calibrating (heater warm-up time and free-air) the controller everytime it's connected to a different sensor. Since you have to remove the O2 sensor from the exhaust for free-air anyways, you might as well just save time and use 1 sensor for both cars and plug the bung where it's isn't being used.
          1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Thinking that since they need to be recalibrated when moving from car to car, I will just worry about my car, this kit or similar, then get the PLX after to go from vehicle to vehicle.
            As of April 2
            3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
            ----------------------------
            Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
            Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
            Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
            Injectors: #36 GTPs
            TB: 65mm TCE
            Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
            Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
            Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
            Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

You don't have to remove the sensor to do free air calibration, just make sure the car hasn't been started for at least 6hrs.

I had the LC1 (might still have it actually) and wasn't happy with the performance of the controller, so I made my own...

Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

Comment

AEM has not done me wrong. I have 3 units. No cal needed ever and you can swap the setup easily. If you have a spare harness it is even easier to use in multiple vehicles.
                Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  You don't have to remove the sensor to do free air calibration, just make sure the car hasn't been started for at least 6hrs.

I had the LC1 (might still have it actually) and wasn't happy with the performance of the controller, so I made my own...
                  I've been running the JAW for 2+ years now without much trouble, it is cheap if you build it yourself and works well, but it is pretty much entirely DIY.

Firmware can be buggy when it first comes out though.

Comment

Working...
                  X