I'm giving in to pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm giving in to pressure

1st mod on my Camaro, yes, I am on a pushrod forum. Went with the cat back Magnaflow, hi flow cat, and a set of Eagle GTs. This is a hiway car. Toying with some ideas on the MAF, and TB. I know everyone likes to drag race. I did too, but, at this point, I'd rather have it fast, clean, and be able to pass. I've spent several months with this car. It is solid as a rock, no pun intended. Toss out an idea or so, I will peruse it. Marc, I may need your help.

Nerdy trailer hitch is gone, as is the front plate. Paint next. Anyone have a tower brace? Where is that damn Cutlass? I might buy it back.
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

i think the next good mods would be porting the TB, gasket matching the intake, and a good air intake setup. these are things i noticed as serious deficiencies when i was regasketing my 3.4 for my s10.

Comment

Unless you have some undying need to see the far side of 130mph or really dig seeing your Tach. at 2000rpm @ 65mph, then I'd say a gear ratio change will probably be your biggest performance bang for the buck.

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

Originally posted by RednBlack View Post
        Where is that damn Cutlass? I might buy it back.
        It's in Niles Michigan with the only person I know that can blow up a Toyota AND an Iron Duke...
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I do need a cruiser and a play toy. Nah, just insanity talking. I'll stay with the Camaro. Exhaust goes on tomorrow. I love having shiny stuff delivered to my door. Get the gasses out, then figure out how to get them in. My living room looks like an upside down pic. I had to pre-assemble. Whew! Pics are large! I am so glad the dog did not crap on the rug today.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RednBlack; 04-16-2010, 07:22 PM.
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good Dennis. I haven't had much free time lately but the shop is always open for you. Just give a yell.
            MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
            '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
            http://www.tcemotorsports.com
            http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Originally posted by dusterbd13 View Post
              i think the next good mods would be porting the TB, gasket matching the intake, and a good air intake setup. these are things i noticed as serious deficiencies when i was regasketing my 3.4 for my s10.
              That is my thought too.
              sigpic

Comment

Now, it looks, and breathes better. Amazing how a few pieces of pipe can bump up the volume. Looks? 50% increase. Performance? much more better! Sound Quality? Magnaflows rock! No tinny sound. Next is a Maaco visit. Specter Performance does not sell CAI for this. Hmm, time to get inventive...

Ignore the Planned Parenthood sign in the background, it isn't because of me.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X