No announcement yet.

Ordering new camshaft tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately... Your engine was never designed for such an upgrade... the lifters are married in pairs to obviate their rotation and the upper webbing/casting areas of the block cannot handle the necessary modifications to "pin" the roller lifters in one position. Please note that all the trouble necessary to install and break in your cam is completely unnecessary with roller cam/factory roller rocker assemblies... because the rolling friction is so substantially reduced in such motors (3.1L...etc...)
    Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Alright just curious, work doesn't give me much time to do things hence why I was asking, not that it would really take that much longer, again thanks for the info!!! Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 60dgrzbelow0 View Post
        P-R....Wrath... My apologies... My "Tappet" comment fell flat only because P-R knows me ...and knows that while I strive for accuracy in my replies as much as possible, I never try to "Seperate Fly Sh*t from Pepper"... especially with someone whom I admire (Pocket-Rocket) more than my poor words can say. I am sorry that this is such a point of friction amongst any of us... I just assumed P-R would catch my comment as it was meant... in jest...rather than as any real criticism on a point of precision. Worse than that is that my innocuous jab at P-R has served to drive the OP's curiosity into "The Private Message" mode...and moved the dialog off of the forum where it can do the most good. I'm sorry Fellows... I'll be more thoughtful in the future. Here is what the PM entailed on this matter:

Camshaft info
        I'm not really worried about it, to be honest. I might be a little testy lately, but who wouldn't when they have a house to lose if they can't land the one job that they got a call back on a month and a half after unemployment left them out to dry? I knew what I was thinking, but my fingers failed to translate it to my keyboard correctly when I posted up (this happens with my mouth all the time, ask Ben ). One way you can tell I took it as a jest was the at the end of my first paragraph and the assume in italics. You know what happens when you assume, right?

Wrath is correct though. There has been a bit of nit-picking going on lately. I was even one of the ones in the flywheel thread mentioned in another thread, but in my defense, letting it go completely could be the difference between the OP of that thread getting the wrong part and face the possibility of not being able to return it after install. It didn't have to go on multiple pages after one person had explained the difference between a flexplate and flywheel, though. I do agree with that. I still see people refer to gen 3 engines as 3.4 and 3.1, but I've let it go.
        Last edited by pocket-rocket; 05-09-2010, 10:26 PM.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

i to was thinking of doing the same build for a 91 beretta 3.1.the same comp cam & lifter kit with 1.6 roller tip rockers.my question is do you use stock length push rods? thanx for any help(none for any loose jaw).

Comment

With an aluminum motor you can use the same parts however you need to use your stock length pushrods. Do not order the COMP rockers with the pushrods in kit form or you will get pushrods for iron heads. You can order pushrods to match the length of yours.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
            X