$A1 Wideband datalogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $A1 Wideband datalogging

I think I am going to use $A1 to get my 3500 going. I have a PLX wideband and would like to datalog through the ECM with $A1. I was reading and found that Ryan.Hess hacked the code to allow for this. I found the WB hacked code for the TGP but could not find it for $A1. I emailed Ryan and he said it should be floating around on the net somewhere. Any one have it?

Thanks,
    Blake

not difficult to do at all...

interested in the nAst1 project? if so, you can build your BIN based off of that and i'll work up a patch for you.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I just finished reading your thread on on the nasti project. So cool! Very awesome work. I can't believe I hadn't stumbled across that thread yet! I also can't believe you are sharing all your work for everyone to use. Very noble.

Anyway, I was planning on using code59 in the future but I think you just changed my mind.

The 3500 is using its stock injectors and going in my 5spd Fiero. I still have some work to do with the exhaust and suspension but I will definitely be using your code when the time comes. I can't wait to learn how to tune. Thanks for your effort with the code!

Blake

Comment

good to know, i may release some WB enabled BINs in the next couple of days then, i already have the patch planned out, just need to find the time to actually impliment it.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I've got Ryan's hack written down, Robert if you need it let me know..
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
            good to know, i may release some WB enabled BINs in the next couple of days then, i already have the patch planned out, just need to find the time to actually impliment it.
            Good deal, because I was planning on picking up an Innovate in the future to compliment the Ostrich I want to get too. Back up to 5 days a week at work in May, and my wife graduates in 3 weeks
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

This may sound simple but I connect the WB to terminal F14 on the 7730 ECM and datalog the A/C pressure.
              MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
              '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
              http://www.tcemotorsports.com
              http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                i found a TGP BIN with a WB patch and discovered exactly how it works(my first real reverse engineering project, actually), so it may even be based on the same principle.

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                Good deal, because I was planning on picking up an Innovate in the future to compliment the Ostrich I want to get too. Back up to 5 days a week at work in May, and my wife graduates in 3 weeks
                be sure to find out how the controller outputs the 5V signal, specifically, the conversion used to make a real-world number. most controllers do it differently, maybe i can make a database of the popular ones to make switching between them easier...

Originally posted by CNCguy View Post
                This may sound simple but I connect the WB to terminal F14 on the 7730 ECM and datalog the A/C pressure.
                some of us use that though Marc... F14 is the equivalent of the C21 on a 7727, and unfortunately all of the other cavities on a 7727 style plug for A/D pins are blocked as cast, though i have a good idea of how to fix that without getting too ghetto, basically drilling a VERY small hole through the center of the cast block, just larger than the wire you run through it, then start pulling the wire through from the connecting side of the connector, start packing some silicone/liquid rubber in when you get near the length you want, then finish pulling the wire through(with the terminal attached!) and center it when it comes to it's limit, leave it sit for however long it takes for your "weather proofing" to harden, then plug in as if it was meant to be(or maybe plug it in and let it set up....). since the intended locking mechanism won't be used, the terminals used may be stuff that's easier to find/cheaper.

i may need to make a picture based guide for that.
                Last edited by robertisaar; 04-16-2011, 08:55 AM.
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

So you have it broke out in a disassembly so you can see what it's actually doing?

I just manually patched it through the hex editor.. I guess i could disassemble a bin but that's a pain.. lol
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

well, this was when i had NO idea how the ECMs worked, so i went and found someone's partially commented hack of the TGP code, compared a BIN that i received that had a patch already, copy/paste, and boom, has TGP WB patch.... later, i decided i wanted to know how it worked, so i looked up all of the changes using the 68HC11 pink book, manually applied the mnemonics to the algorithm changes and figured out what made it work.
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                      I'm using a wideband hack I got from Dave and it works great. Easy to read as a true AFR..

91 SS . 3400/5spd - S&S, TCE, EP, FFP, SPEC, DSS, K&N . GEARHEAD dezign

Comment

Working...
                      X