Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90BlueZ
    replied
    Yeah of course nothing wrong with forged pistons, but I'm just saying that the tune is very important, cause the same thing could have happen with forged pistons, they would have just lasted 10 secs longer :P

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    Originally posted by 90BlueZ View Post
    at 10psi, forged pistons are a band aid (and an expensive one). Fixed the tune and whatever else that was wrong made more sense :P
    I got a good deal on mine, along with a set of rods.

Leave a comment:

• 90BlueZ
    replied
    at 10psi, forged pistons are a band aid (and an expensive one). Fixed the tune and whatever else that was wrong made more sense :P

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    forged pistons FTW.

Leave a comment:

• 90BlueZ
    replied
    Actually its #4 and #6... ask me how I know :P

Leave a comment:

• unchained01
    replied
    To my knowledge 5 and 6 cylinder are the ones that go lean at WOT or at least 80% and the same goes for oiling
    IDK why but the 3500 block has oilers on that end Some correct me if I am wrong

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
    My biggest problem is grasping what all goes on in the intake. I know what happens in there, but I just don't know it all interacts. Do accustic waves do anything to pressure waves?
    I'm sure they have some effect, but I don't think it's significant enough to justify concern.

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    My biggest problem is grasping what all goes on in the intake. I know what happens in there, but I just don't know it all interacts. Do accustic waves do anything to pressure waves?

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    I'll be waiting to see how it turns out!
    you're not the only one!

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    I'll be waiting to see how it turns out!

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    I love your work, but I have always felt that the rear cylinders were the ones that needed help. At WOT that is. The energy built up pushes the air past the rears.

I dream of what can't be. Individual equal length runners(180) and a good size plenum.
    I'm hoping to help distribution across all 6 cylinders, along with increasing flow, I think what I have here will accomplish what I want quite well, and I intend to dyno the car with a ported stock intake, and my modded intake.

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    I love your work, but I have always felt that the rear cylinders were the ones that needed help. At WOT that is. The energy built up pushes the air past the rears.

I dream of what can't be. Individual equal length runners(180) and a good size plenum.

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    more custom stuff...

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    replied
    Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
    btw, protect that welding cable from oil and oily grim. It will swell the insulation and eventually cause an open wire. That's the only downside I can think of. Keep the oil off it and you have a good battery cable set.
    didn't think of that... shrink boot FTW...

Leave a comment:

• TGP37
    replied
    Just be sure the block isn't grounding through the throttle or trans cables. Can start a fire w/o obvious symptoms to warn you. I seen it happen to a minivan. Was in flames 1 block from the garage. Wasn't me, thank god. I'd die of embarrassment.

I did a 3 way grounding that tied the block, frame and subframe together. Then grounded the batt(-) to the frame in the trunk. Worked just fine, though I did run some spare "00" from batt(-) to the alternator frame to better ground the alt.

All my grounds and main power are "00" cable, thick stuff used by truck drivers. Kinda over kill but I like it.

btw, protect that welding cable from oil and oily grim. It will swell the insulation and eventually cause an open wire. That's the only downside I can think of. Keep the oil off it and you have a good battery cable set.
    Last edited by TGP37; 03-22-2013, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X