No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well gents, I've made the plunge and bought a GT35... more to come soon...
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Gentlemen, in the darkness, there is light!

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

worked a bunch on my shift linkages today...

should be enough room under the shift cables for the turbo.

I also started re-doing my front mounts.

Comment

power steering may not be out of the question, even with the intake flipped! pics tomorrow!

Also, I'm pretty much done with the front engine mount, now I need to get more pipe to make my turbo headers, and put the engine in the car!

Comment

Awesomeness!
            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

here we go!

the pump would be mounted facing the opposite direction from normal, and would use a smooth pulley to get the correct rotation, it will also mount the pump a little higher than in the pictures, essentially over the cam gear.

I'll make a mount that goes over the timing cover, catching boltholes near the red blobs.

Comment

found a better way to mount it, and it's about 3/4 of the way done!

The plate across the front will catch on this bracket near the a/c compressor.

it's not done yet, but it's getting there quickly!

Comment

well, I've got a little bit done today, I began re-wiring the engine for the third time, and I'm going to try to do a mock-up in the car later this week. so I can get the shift cables and turbo situated... I also got some parts on order from CNCguy, new header flanges, and some spacers for the intake.

Comment

well, the front side trans mount is done! (finally!) now back to the power steering pump mount, hopefully that will be done this week too, then I may start over on the shift linkage to make more room for the turbo, but that may have to wait until I have the engine mocked up in the car...

Comment

looks good ao far nice wortk !!!

Comment

Originally posted by unchained01 View Post
                        looks good ao far nice wortk !!!
                        thanks! it's been a chore!

Comment

well guys, I hope this isn't a slippery slope, but I'm buying a cam on payday...

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                            well guys, I hope this isn't a slippery slope, but I'm buying a cam on payday...
                            You've been on a slippery slope since you decided on a turbo . Did my cam swap put you over the edge? At this rate you'll be building a car forever and not driving it haha. Can't wait to see it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiju Senso View Post
                              You've been on a slippery slope since you decided on a turbo . Did my cam swap put you over the edge? At this rate you'll be building a car forever and not driving it haha. Can't wait to see it done.
                              LOL! hopefully not!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiju Senso View Post
                                Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                                I have been contemplating a cam as well, but I won't be doing anything really supportive of a cam... no head porting or header building. So I am kind of on the fence. I am trying to figure out if there is more in the engine stock that a cam could free up...
                                sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                                - Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X