3.4 sfi with Supercharged from Cobalt ss/SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 sfi with Supercharged from Cobalt ss/SC

I want to know if its possible to put a supercharged from Cobalt ss Supercharged ? and can i put a Supercharge without Intercooler. and wath I need?. supercharged and?....

no.
    1999 Grand Am SC/T - 301HP, 365TQ - ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Oil Pan Bolts, ARP Head Studs, Mild Cam, 3500 Heads w/28696 Springs, Ported 3500 LIM & 3400 UIM, GT32R @ 12PSI, Rebuilt Trans, 42.5 Injectors, Racetronix Fuel Pump, TCE Adjustable FPR, SC/T Kit, SC/T Spoiler, Shaved Trunk, WOT-Tech Coil Overs, Solid Rear Laterals w/Poly Bushings, Control Arms w/Poly Bushings, Poly Engine & Trans Mounts, Front & Rear Strut Braces

Comment

With enough fabrication anything is possible...
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
        With enough fabrication anything is possible...
        QFT! Now, is it worth the cost to do it? There are probably cheaper ways to do it.

Brad via Tapatalk
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

It's actually not a bad idea, probably the same as putting a M90 on though from a L67. You'll need an elbow and an adapter plate.
          Past Builds;
          Current Project;

Comment

is it an mp45 or a mp62 ? a 45 is too small for the 3.4 engine and the mp 62 will need a custom snout or a bracket to undermount it in the A/C position , larger injectors and a tune to start

Comment

" The Eaton Supercharger Model 62 is designed for 2.5L to 4.0L passenger car and light truck engines, but may also be suitable for other engine sizes, depending on total system performance requirements. "

it would probably do fine on an iron head 3.4, not so much on a gen 3 or a DOHC.
              Past Builds;
              Current Project;

Comment

Sure you can put a supercharger on anything, though I'm not sure if it makes sense when you consider the work involved. The best option in my opinion would be to call Eaton up and tell them you want to design a custom manifold. Find someone who has 3D CAD software to model it, send it to a rapid casting house and then have it machined.

The new Eaton chargers are much more efficient then the older ones used on the 3800 Series I II and III engines. In fact if you are looking for serious power you might as well try to adapt one of the ones used on the CTS-V engine. Its about the right size for a 3.5L to make 400-600 HP (depending on your goals of course). The problem again is making the manifold/adapter and getting the right inter cooling, but it is the latest design.

That's a lot of work, a lot of if's, and a lot of $$ unless you own the software and know how to design one.

Short of that, the next best thing (which I considered in the past prior to deciding on a turbo) is to find a supercharger from a ford thunderbird, as they are more self contained and easier in my opinion to turn into a stand alone mount.

As to inter cooling, thats an interesting question. It really comes down to your performance, cost and fuel goals. If fuel cost and octane are no big deal, you probably can get away with minimal inter cooling. BUT if max power, cheapest fuel cost are goals then you'll want to intercool it as best as possible.

In my opinion with all the above stated, I almost thing turbos are much easier. But thats me.

Comment

I'm working on a bolt-on kit for an M62 to suit a 3100/3400 & whatever else it might fit. I have my adapter plate cast, I am currently working on the rest of the parts like the brackets & plenum under the charger itself. This is a front mount system & should work with the AC left in place

The manifold-mounted charger has been set on the backburner as this is a much easier project to fab & offers intercooling options
                  RIP - 94 GP SE
                  DD - 95 GP SE
                  Fun - 91 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo AWD Conversion

http://www.werbatfik.com

Comment

It's just beacase someone near of me have this S/C and don't use it. but i dont want to spend money for THIS SC...

Comment

Working...
                    X