Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Mini Van 99 Montana

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty bored with all the classic Mustangs and Camaros. I'm going to build a performance minded mini van. I will be documenting all the work I do on this thread. It will take a long time as I am almost always broke but this will get done.
    What I am looking to accomplish is to lower the car and change the rims with a 4 wheel disc brake conversion. I will also be rebuilding the trans and trying to add a trans brake to the set up. And the motor will be built with pictures and explicit instructions on what I am doing.
    I am using the 3400 bottom end and the 3500 upper. I am also going to plumb the turbo and make the exhaust system in my shop with parts I have on hand.

Now if you like this idea and there are things you want to use on your car that I am making please feel free to ask if I can make another cause anything I make and sell will go into this project. Some parts of this will be done in video and others on really good picture threads, but everything I do will be spelled out in detail for you to duplicate.

I also know a lot of what I am going to do is really viable for the rest of the V^ car family too. I have a few models around for those cars too.

I do a lot of work on the 60° V-6 on all the cars so if I can help find something for anyone let me know.

Jason
    SillyFast, Customs and Hot Rods

Cool! Keep us posted
    14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Well next Wednesday I am going to take it to the track and get a 1/4 mile base line on it. Tonight I will post some pictures of the starting project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

99 Montana Before Photo.jpg

Here is the Before Photo, it has 184,000 miles on it. It needs new lower control arm but those will be put on by next week. Tomorrow I will attach some pictures of the engine and possible the trans I am going to rebuild for this.

Comment

Working...
        X