looking for 3900 VVT cam and spark tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for 3900 VVT cam and spark tables

I've managed to successfully swap my 2005 legacy gt to a 3.9 3900 motor.

however, it appears to be lacking power, probably due to wrong spark and cam timing.

Does anyone have access to the HPT tables to show me whats best?

I am interested to know what cam angle (preferrably how many crank degrees retarded from max advance) does this thing run at WOT, and when does the angle change in the rpm range..
    Also would like to know what angle is used during cruise to promote better fuel economy.

Regarding the spark timing I would like to know what it runs stock during WOT, and maximum timing during cruise.

I am currently revving just under 2500 at 60mph.

Thanks All

Alright. Fuel economy is killing me and I'm not sure why. Getting about only 320 km to 55 liters.

This is at -20c or 0f with about 8 warm ups per tank as my drive to work is short 15 minutes.

On the highway mega squirt is estimating fuel flow of 160cc/min at 2500 Rpm highway speeds when warm.

Running 45 degrees timing here and I have the cam pulled back about 30 crank degrees from full advance. Do I need to retard more?
    My afr is 15.0 at cruise.
    I guess I should see reduced fuel flow if the cam is retarded more correct (once tuned for the new cam angle)??

Thing runs at 2500 rpm on the highway at 60 mph.

Anyone have any ideas? This thing should get 10L per 100km in a big old venture van, why can't it do it here. Do I need to start experimenting with cutting off half the cylinders and seeing if economy can be improved? Although I will still have pumping losses as I don't have collapsing lifters. Any thoughts appreciated

Comment

If it makes you feel any better my Friend's Impreza Outback 2.2 is currently only getting 280 km to a tank.
      '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
      '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Working...
      X