Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total timing 3.4 iron heads

Hey all,

My first post here. I am trying to help my dad get his 3.4 running a little better. Its a 3.4 in a 86 Jeep Comanche, replaced the tired 2.8L years ago when the 3.4L first came out.

The truck currently has a 390CFM 4 barrel that we are just starting to tune with the wideband. We checked the advamce curve first and came up with 12 degree initial, no advance until 2000 where it goes to 20 and stays.

My experience is in the more common SBC.BBC. SBF BBF stuff. I have no idea what kind of total timing should be ran with the 60 degree V6 with iron heads. If some one has some insight it would be much appreciated!

I'd like to know this too

Comment

in my iron 2.8l in my cavalier total timing was around 36 degrees, with my built engine (higher compression, comp 260h2, ported heads, etc) i would run 36 degrees on the street on 87 octane and at the track with premium id bump it to 38 or 39 degrees total.

what distributor are you running? is a small cap 7 or 8 pin hei style? if so that may be your issue, the modules has enough of a timing curve where the engine would run without computer control, but not optimally. you can go with a large cap hei like a typical v8. if thats what you have, your weights may be stuck.

Comment

Working...
      X