egr valve from 3100 to 3400 top end setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr valve from 3100 to 3400 top end setup

Does anyone have any input or info for what to do with the egr valve after doing 3400 top end swaps. The old egr wont work but, the 3400's
    egr has a different plug harness. Is there any way to adapt the old to the
    new? I've heard of adapter plates for those who may still want the old egr setup but, where do you get them from?? I miss all of the info from the 60 degree v6 webpage. That was good stuff, Maynard!! When will the sight be up with all of the old stuff???

Whenever I get off my ass to put it back up...

I was thinking about it the other day, and I need to look at something for a possibly easier way to make it work.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

when I swapped a 3400 into my car I had the same issue. I have a hookup with a machineist in Ohio that is interested in making an adapter plate for the plenum so that you can mount your stock EGR onto the 3400 intake.

I stopped by his shop in ohio a couple months ago and we worked out a crude prototype that I have on my car right now. So far 2500miles and no engine codes and no problems at all.

Shoot me a PM if your interested and I will see if we can get something going.

For the short term you can leave the 3400 EGR on the plenum (or just block it off) and then plug your 3100 egr into the harness and ziptie it somewhere. This will prevent an engine code most of the time (I still got a code after crusing for about 20 mins)

1995 Monte Carlo LS
      3400 SFI 60v6
      FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

theres a guy on the bstuff forum that actually makes the adaptor plates for the egr valve. i went on over to the site trying to find his name but the search feature sucks. anybody know the guy im talking about feel free to chime in because i'll probably need one of those things in the not to distant future
        95 Z26 3400/OBDII/GETRAG

Comment

well, I will probably need one in the VERY distant future, myself. I did not hook up my EGR at all, but I probably should. I don't get a code because Ben deleted the EGR from my chips programming.
          Taylor
          1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
          1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
          1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
          "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

If you have the dimensions i can make the plates for the EGR's I'm a machinist by trade 11 years.Machining my own 65 MM Throttle body for my 95 3100 engine about half way done.
            1995 Cutlass Supreme 3100 SFI
            Cold Air K&N Filter
            58mm TB
            Dynomax Duel Exhaust with Performance Catalytic Converter
            FFP Underdrive Crank Pulley
            1/4 mile 15.65 at 90.8 mph

Comment

sweet looks like there is some serious intrest in these, I havent gotten a response yet, but Ill keep bustin on the guy to get this done, im tired of my ghetto steel plate.

1995 Monte Carlo LS
              3400 SFI 60v6
              FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

Working...
              X