3.4 in a British Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 in a British Car

As I had a fair bit of experience with the 2.8 engine with my Fiero (I stroked and turboed it), I opted to use a 3.4 when I built a body swapped MG. The engine was massaged to improve flow (ported, bigger cam, larger throttle body) and installed into the car which weighs around 2100 lbs. instead of the almost 2700 that a Fiero GT weighs. Worked out very well.

​​​​​​​
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Hey nice build! The body kit looks awesome. Reminds me a little of the Coyote. Where did you purchase it from? Really enjoy looking at the builds on the British Car Conversion site. They do not have as many engine parts available as they used to some years ago unfortunately. Have fun with it!

Comment

It is a Fiberfab Jamaican body conversion - they sold them for MGA, Austin Healey, Triumph TR and VW chassis in the 1960s.

See http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BillSpohn.htm
      Bill Spohn's 1957 MGA with GM 3.4L V6 and Fiberfab Jamaican Kit-Car Body

Comment

Okay, there it is. Tried to find that kit on the web last night with no luck. Don't ever remember seeing one of those.

Comment

Just stumbled across this old thread I had started.

In regard to the Fiberfab Jamaican body, they sensibly used a windshield from a C2 Corvette, side windows from a Karmann Ghia and a rear window from an early 911 Porsche. Doing that makes them look as if they were a real car rather than a kit.

Comment

Working...
          X