New Fasteners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fasteners

So does anybody out there make a bolt set for the 3x00's? I know places like ARP sell complete sets for big and small blocks, but does anybody do that for our engines? It would be a lot easier when I do a rebuild to have it all come in one kit rather than buying them one at a time.

Re: New Fasteners

Originally posted by ikessky
    So does anybody out there make a bolt set for the 3x00's? I know places like ARP sell complete sets for big and small blocks, but does anybody do that for our engines? It would be a lot easier when I do a rebuild to have it all come in one kit rather than buying them one at a time.
    I'm confused. Did you just answer your own question? I ask because I just installed ARP rod bolts and head studs in my 3.4l crate. The parts are listed as 2.8 replacements. Specifically, one kit for the rods and one for the studs.

Comment

I think he wants a COMPLETE bolt kit, which would basically include all the bolts for the engine (oil pan, manifolds, etc..). AFAIK, no... there isn't one available.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Besides the ARP bolt kits for the 2.8, is intended for a genI (iron head engine), so all the top end bolts are different lengths and some different sizes.

Comment

So does a place like ARP carry all the bolts necessary (even if you buy them seperately) for a rebuild? I already knew they did rod and head bolts, but how about the other stuff? Well, I guess I could always check their website or e-mail them......

Comment

your basically going to need the specs to all the bolts you want, ie, the thread size and pitch, the lenth of the bolt/stud,

im sure they have everything to do a set, just you'll have to tell them all the thread sizes of the bolts you want, becuase i dont think if you say "i want a set of intakemanifold bolts for a 3100" they'll know what size that is...
            Colin
            92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
            90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Working...
            X