Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tejohnson
    Well, hopefully better distribution is going to be a side effect of the screen, but it is typically done to top any foreign objects from making it's way to the cam, crank, etc. (like broken valvetrain parts)
    Almost sounds like you're expecting this to happen some day? I better see a dyno sheet before it happens! Or.... WHEN it happens
    97 Cavalier RS
    3400, Isuzu MK7

Comment

Originally posted by tejohnson
      Crank and Rod bearings were in perfect condition.... Just the two center cam journals that were the problem areas. Going with stock replacement Clevite-77 bearings for the crank and rods after they mic the journals and openings. Looking at SBC (Wider) bearings for the cam. Dilimma is wether to install at the 2 o'clock position like Clevite recommends, or at 4-5 o'clock position as it seems GM is recommending, given the cam bearing housings are grooved all the way around. I would assume it (oil hole) would be aligned to the optimal position where there is less load.

I'd have to agree. Seems more logical to me to place the hole higher where gravity would naturally pull the cam away from the hole. Of course, with the tolerances of the bearings, the rotation speed of the cam, and the oil pressure... I'm not sure if it would really make a difference. I guess I'd just ask the shop what they normally do and go with their suggestion?
      '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
      '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
      13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
      Gotta love boost!

Comment

Working...
      X