I may have found 1.7 Rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sappyse107
    Not everyone is going to want to pull their intake manifolds and cam to install a new one. Higher ratio will possibly be more than 5 hp too, hard to say right now. Im still waiting to hear back from thunder racing on the stock cam specs.
    With just the converter missing, i put a set of 1.6 roller tips on my stock 3.1 and it felt like about 15. The biggest of all my mods and didn't touch my mileage either!
    Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
    fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Yea I'll agree with that. When I went back to my stock rockers on my 3.4L versus my Cranes I noticed a HUGE difference. It was the difference between making the tires brake loose under hard acceleration in first with the 1.6 rockers versus not being able to brake em loose at all. I dont know what the numbers were. But seat of the pants it sure as hell made a difference.

My friend noticed the same on his 2002 4.3L. We installed some pro magnums in his truck a few weeks after his Crane Cam and he said it was a very noticable boost through the whole RPM range.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

do you have a link to where i can find the harland sharp rockers?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo
          DUDE! Are you kidding me. http://www.harlandsharp.com/

Comment

Will the crane LT4 self aligning rockers work on our engine?

2000 Grand Am GT
            2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

NO. The ears on the self aligning tip will touch the locks. The roller ball will not contact the stem tip.

If you look at an Iron head vortec or a LT engine you will see the stem tip sticks up past the locks alot more than our engine.

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou
                Originally posted by El_Diablo
                DUDE! Are you kidding me. http://www.harlandsharp.com/
                i wasn't able to find them on the site before (mainly cuz i dont really know what im looking for, i dont see anything listed for our engines though...), hence the reason i asked for a link

Comment

Working...
                X