cam question 93-95 SFI L32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam question 93-95 SFI L32

I got a cam from comp that says it fits the application for up to 93... not thinking anything of it I bought it anywayz.

long story short I dont have my OEM cam anymore, and there is a high probablity that this new cam doesnt have a cam sensor ring on it.

I took a picture of what I believe might be a cam sensor ring, but i'm unsure as I cant compare it in shape, position, or rotational alignment with the OEM cam.

anyways, here is the picture i snapped. what do you think?

Does that go halfway around the shaft? If so, then it is similar to the cam trigger on the 03+ 3x00 cams.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

no, that little notch (trigger) right after the first bearing surface is only 1/4" wide, and joins up with that other lobe for the fuel or whatever its for.

Comment

I've got a 3400 cam sitting on the shelf... i'll take a pic of the sensor ring and post it tonight.
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

the stock cam's tab looks very similar, however it does not connect to the fule pump lobe

(sorry my sister took my digital camera to vegas so i cant take a pic of a stock cam right now)
          3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

The 3400 cam is probably different than the iron head 3.4L cam. Besides, I'm pretty sure the 3 different cam triggers for the 3x00s can be found in the 3x00 Performance section of the site under "Camshafts". I know they used to be there, but I'm not sure if we ever updated the links...
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

so it looks like this cam MAY work... i guess i'll just have to try and see

Comment

grrr,any chance of an update after 4 years?

I've been searching out this exact question all night on a question about a build.
                I have all the engine's that matter partially dissassembled though,and have all the parts to compare.
                Would be nice to know a quick answer though,as it will possible cause me to sway the whole project a different direction.

Basically I have same cam and notch,but curious to know if put in a 3.4 SFI from a 95 camaro the cam trigger will read it.

Does anybody have a definitive answer?
                Or do I have to wait till I finish dissassembling the engine (hopefully today,not likely though.)

Comment

Working...
                X