ENGINE CALCULATORS > 100 engine related calcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGINE CALCULATORS > 100 engine related calcs

Found this site while looking for a calc to determine a safe engine rpm limit. Lots of helpful calcs, many above my level of technical knowledge.

<-- added to favorites... i may have to go through them all later, there was quite a list.

oh, and you're running custom pistons right? the manufacturer should be able to give a good idea of how many FPM they can handle...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      oh, and you're running custom pistons right? the manufacturer should be able to give a good idea of how many FPM they can handle...
      Nope, production forged pistons for the LS1 (in a custom application I guess).

Comment

ahh.... well, i know cheap cast pistons from the 80s stood up to ~3500 FPM for quite some time.

and considering that LS1s run to at least 7K with no issues with a 3.62" stroke, that should be a good guide. i thought i remember reading GM revved them to 8K, but didn't make enough power past 7 to justify raising the redline?
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
        X