Race boost cam?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mars
    replied
    Umm, 18 psi, 550HP (guess) stock heads / head bolts / gaskets / stock everything cept the WOT cam and Comp sprigns.

    Leave a comment:


  • whiteyz24
    replied
    Hmm maybe I should rethink what I'm doing, how much boost do you have and how much hp what kind of heads ect? Stock bottom end?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mars
    replied
    I shift mine @ 7K (street / strip). It's about done pulling at that RPM.
    Last edited by Mars; 04-12-2012, 12:21 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Superdave
    replied
    It's not a Honda. no need to rev it that high. Build the engine to make max power around 6K and you'll save a ton on parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • whiteyz24
    replied
    Thanks for the info fellas I'm hoping its not going to be that much longer for this to happen. Im just too excited to run 8500 with boost, it's going to sound crazy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mars
    replied
    Yeah I have the built TH350, the builder said "GIVE IT ALL YOU'RE LITTLE V6 HAS, I BUILT IT FOR A 700HP BIG BLOCK..." haha.

    At the moment I'm pretty sure my muffler is limiting max power,
    K, wait a minute... you have a muffler. ? why ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Joseph Upson
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
    I would assume he's going to be running that in his camaro though, so the F40 wouldn't apply.
    I was referring to this statement;
    Originally posted by whiteyz24 View Post
    I understand everything has to be built, but the time is coming where I'm getting back on my feet to where I can start to plan and build. Basicly I'd like a 3500 with that big dumb cam 9:1 25psi with an f40.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3400-95-Modified
    replied
    I would assume he's going to be running that in his camaro though, so the F40 wouldn't apply.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joseph Upson
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mars View Post
    ^
    Not a doubt in my mind it would make 700.
    I bet that F40 trans won't. When I get my electric open exhaust valve installed in the next month or so I'll take the 3900 to the track or the dyno to see what I'm working with. At the moment I'm pretty sure my muffler is limiting max power, it still runs strong on only 4.5 psi. If I didn't know any better I'd say I can hear the crank pulses in the transmission through the parts responsible for making it noisy without the dualmass flywheel, kind of scary now having broken one.

    Just be sure to use a cast iron flywheel and sprung hub clutch disc with it since its dualmass flywheel can't hold much more than about 10% above the torque rating of the 3900 it was bolted to. I recall an incident when my combo was first assembled on 7psi where I was certain I felt a slip under full load but couldn't be sure between the clutch and flywheel which was responsible. Haven't had it happen again since the spring pressure on the plate was increased and switching to a solid flywheel.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2012, 11:31 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mars
    replied
    Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    you don't need that cam for 500. Street/strip cam, 25 psi, 700 hp.
    ^

    I'll try to get a real life dyno sheet of this in the near future...

    Not a doubt in my mind it would make 700.

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    you don't need that cam for 500. Street/strip cam, 25 psi, 700 hp.

    Leave a comment:


  • whiteyz24
    replied
    I understand everything has to be built, but the time is coming where I'm getting back on my feet to where I can start to plan and build. Basicly I'd like a 3500 with that big dumb cam 9:1 25psi with an f40. To be honest I have no idea if the engine will grenade itself at full boost or put down 500hp. Im willing to try it. Do you think ill be wasting my time?????

    Leave a comment:


  • SappySE107
    replied
    8k takes better rods, balancing, solid roller lifters, stiffer valve springs. That is actually above and beyond the race turbo cam listed. I never recommend the race turbo cam because it is barely better in dynomation and requires the stiffer springs and head machining to make it feasible for hydraulic lifters. Keep it at 7k or less, and up the boost. Street/Strip turbo cam is where its at for everyone short of competitive track racing. At that point, money isn't the concern.

    Leave a comment:


  • pocket-rocket
    replied
    It would probably depend on the bottom end balancing and valvetrain (springs, lifters, ect). If it's all stock minus the cam, it would eat itself alive.

    Leave a comment:


  • whiteyz24
    started a topic Race boost cam?

    Race boost cam?

    I just wanted to ask can 3400 3500 even handle 8000 8500rpm? Or am i buying half your website just to run this cam?
Working...