is the serpintine belt tentioner a dealer item on a 93 z-34? any idea how much we"re talkin for one?
belt tentioner
Collapse
X
-
Pulley???
If it is good why repace the tenioner pully.
Get a Gates belt> range from 29.99-49.99 depending on where you go.
Get this a mechanic charged my friends sister 125 dollars just to put one on and never told her untill she came to pick up her car.I am back
Mechanical/Service Technican
Comment
-
Forget the Gates belt, get a DayCo Poly Cog. It's like the gator back belts, only it's resonably priced at about the same as the Gates. They will never slip and will last alot longer than a standard belt.
Lyle
Comment
-
Which is the way I have seen every other tentioner I have come across. Have yet to see one come without, lol.Originally posted by brian89gpHe is asking about the belt tensioner... When you buy one from GM (which is the only place that sells them) it comes with a idler pulley already attached.-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
Originally posted by Jay LenoTires are cheap clutches...
Comment
-
My biggest beef with the GM tensioner is the shitty plastic pulley the use. I just bought a new one from NAPA it was made from stamped steel.
Lyle
Comment

Comment