Replacing Radiator, what is TOC and EOC?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • adamg
    • May 2004
    • 9

    #1

    Replacing Radiator, what is TOC and EOC?

    I had a little mishap and need to purchase a new radiator.

    I was looking at buying one from napa, but they want $262!!!

    I noticed performance radiator has them for a little cheaper, would this be a better radiator?
    there are 3 radiator to choose from, with different optuions relating to EOC and TOC, i was wondering what that was.

    I would appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me
    - AdamG
    1991 Lumina z34 - 3.4 dohc 4t60e - 208,000 miles and runs great
    1989 Cavalier z24 - 2.8
  • mihela816
    • Nov 2003
    • 35

    #2
    probably oil cooler options for the tranny and the engine oil.

    Comment

    • RacerX11
      • Oct 2003
      • 1060

      #3
      Correct.
      TOC = Transmisison Oil Cooler
      EOC = Engine Oil Cooler

      Marty
      '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
      '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
      '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
      '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

      Quote of the week:
      Originally posted by Aaron
      This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

      Comment

      • adamg
        • May 2004
        • 9

        #4
        Thank You!!

        do i need any of these options?

        i have a seperate tranny cooler, and doesnt the z34 have a factory oil cooler?
        - AdamG
        1991 Lumina z34 - 3.4 dohc 4t60e - 208,000 miles and runs great
        1989 Cavalier z24 - 2.8

        Comment

        • adamg
          • May 2004
          • 9

          #5
          W/O EOC; TOC ON PASSENGER SIDE 28 1/4 x 15 x 1

          Is this the recomended setup?
          - AdamG
          1991 Lumina z34 - 3.4 dohc 4t60e - 208,000 miles and runs great
          1989 Cavalier z24 - 2.8

          Comment

          • Gemmer
            • Oct 2003
            • 240

            #6
            no oil goes through our rads (w-body to my knowlege), just coolant and tranny fluid, so Im gonna say that is correct

            Comment

            • Mario&Luigi
              • Jun 2004
              • 10

              #7
              I also have had coolong problems I bought a radiator from RADIATOR EXPERTS 1-800-252-0333 for 159.00 I have yet to install it though. I think I have fixed my cooling problems. I am going to built up with New Spangled fans.
              awe shuck\'s broke again.

              Comment

              Working...