180 thermostat

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mitch DOHC
    • Jan 2004
    • 261

    #1

    180 thermostat

    any one know where i can get a 180 stat for the cutlass..... and is it bad to put a cooler stat in these moters
    1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
    1969 Oldsmobile 442
    1997 Chevy Tahoe
    http://members.cardomain.com/mperkins442
  • pocket-rocket
    Because stock sucks...
    • Oct 2003
    • 6252

    #2
    I have heard that going too low can accelerate cylinder wall wear. But I am talking about something like a 160 stat. 180 would be the lowest I would go. I thought I heard about someone finding one at a parts store for a Camaro w/ 3.4 pushrod engine that would work, but I am not positive.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

    Comment

    • Gemmer
      • Oct 2003
      • 240

      #3
      Just go to an auto parts store and ask for a 180 degree thermostat for a 96 grand prix, and a t-stat housing gasket from whatever year car you drive.

      Comment

      Working...