Custom Ground Cams

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dennis Cronin
    • Mar 2007
    • 13

    #196
    Custom Ground Cams

    Comp Cams did a custom for me (for my C4) at the std retail proce & 30-day delivery direct. I was not aware they did this at the time & they graciously took my Summit off-the-shelf back without charge. They have a download of available profiles you can mix & match.

    Regarding the Quad 4, W41 spec comment: do you know the overlap as well?
    (kind of important)

    Comment

    • ez112
      • Oct 2003
      • 258

      #197
      What is a C4? How is this relevant to the 3.4L cams? How do you know they will do them? Did you ask?
      1999 SVT Lightning
      1996 Monte Z34 R.I.P.
      Next BEATER: a C5
      http://www.fquick.com/ez112

      Comment

      • Dennis Cronin
        • Mar 2007
        • 13

        #198
        Comp Cams

        The C4 is a 4th generation vette convertible. (another toy) My reason to make the statement was based on the fact that others (like I) might not we aware that they do this so readily. My primary reason to post was an inquiry regarding the associated overlap specifications associated with the Quad 4, W41 lobe comments.

        Comment

        • bszopi
          Site Coder
          • Apr 2000
          • 9190

          #199
          Just because they can regrind a V8 cam doesn't necessarily mean that they will do the DOHC cams. IIRC, someone had contacted basically every major cam company about DOHC regrinds, and all turned them down.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

          Comment

          • fieromadman
            3.4 DOHC fiend.
            • Feb 2004
            • 130

            #200
            I dont get why were debating who will actually grind cams for us anymore. Steve did a good job, was easy to work with, and was willing to do some research. Not to mention he was inexpensive! Hey if you want to try to find another superior vendor, go for it, but I cant see a big company giving us the type of attention that Steve did, nor do I see them being more inexpensive!
            3.4 DOHC- 95 engine, custom intake manifold, custom cams, ported exhaust manifolds, Turbonetics T-62, Haltech standalone, 13.5 psi, air/h20 intercooler... yadda yadda...
            1987 Fiero, ST lowering springs, KYB's, Clutchnet dual diaphragm 6-puck, custom paint, 18's with falken fk452 225 front Nitto NT05 245 rear. Should be around 450whp...

            Comment

            • Dennis Cronin
              • Mar 2007
              • 13

              #201
              Custom Ground Cams

              Guys, I didn't open the topic, just offered a comment. (as I just joined)
              I am intetesed in "Steve's" contactact info though as I'll need to go somewhere.
              Thanks

              Comment

              • fieromadman
                3.4 DOHC fiend.
                • Feb 2004
                • 130

                #202
                I posted this in the existing articles DOHC section on the homepage, but apparently no one noticed. Here it is again: Steve Long Racing Cams INC.
                951-273-0816
                3.4 DOHC- 95 engine, custom intake manifold, custom cams, ported exhaust manifolds, Turbonetics T-62, Haltech standalone, 13.5 psi, air/h20 intercooler... yadda yadda...
                1987 Fiero, ST lowering springs, KYB's, Clutchnet dual diaphragm 6-puck, custom paint, 18's with falken fk452 225 front Nitto NT05 245 rear. Should be around 450whp...

                Comment

                • dohcfiend
                  King Chalupa
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 2351

                  #203
                  i should have contacted steve my cores are STILL with alan at CHRFAB. as far as i know he hasn't done anything with them.
                  The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

                  Comment

                  Working...