cam hold down tool dimensions??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 95grandprixgtp
    • Oct 2003
    • 5

    #1

    cam hold down tool dimensions??

    Can someone tell me where i can get the dimensions for cam hold down tool. stock size, hole size, bolt size, hole location, etc... If at all possible, when doing my torque converter this weekend, i wanna also do my cam timing. I have a friend who is in machining at the local vo-tech, and will get him too make me a few of them before the week is over if i can get the info quick enough.

    THanks, Kevin
  • 95grandprixgtp
    • Oct 2003
    • 5

    #2
    Just figured i'd make an a$$ outa myself, and answer my own question after doing a little more research.

    http://www.60degreev6.com/index.php?p=pages&pid=3

    Comment

    • grandprix34
      • Oct 2003
      • 168

      #3
      \"Pree\" - 93 Grand Prix SE - 3.4L Twin Dual Cam
      - FFP UD Pulley - FFP Chip - 8mm Taylor Wires
      - 160* T/stat - Dual 40 Series Flowmasters
      - Hi-Flo Cat
      15.2@95mph - GTECH P/B
      http://home.rgv.rr.com/tjperformance/Cap0005.mpg

      Comment

      • 93GTP
        • Oct 2003
        • 125

        #4
        I recommend the use of 3/4" steel stock versus 1/2", it fits better into the carriers and it's a hell of a lot strong, my 1/2" hold downs coultnt even handle 20 ft/lb's without deformation.

        Here's a comparison between them:

        [img]ftp://142.163.99.88/newpics/105-0528_IMG-2.JPG[/img]

        And here's the reason why I made a set of 3/4" hold downs:

        [img]ftp://142.163.99.88/newpics/105-0530_IMG-2.JPG[/img]

        Comment

        • Anonymous

          #5
          Did you use 1/2" hollow (or whatever its called) or solid steel bar?

          Comment

          • 93GTP
            • Oct 2003
            • 125

            #6
            Hollow? What?

            For the 1/2" hold downs im not sure on the exact material, got a buddy to get me some of it. It wasnt that strong, but it wasn't "hollow".

            For the 3/4" tools I just grabbed some 3/4" steel billet stock from the machine shop at school, they are very very strong.

            Another pic for the hell of it:

            [img]ftp://142.163.99.88/newpics/105-0535_IMG-2.JPG[/img]

            Comment

            • Anonymous

              #7
              Ok, thats what I was wondering. Thanks. The cam hold downs I have here look kinda bent too.... Ill have to get some 3/4" for when I do my belt.

              Comment

              • jmgtp
                • Oct 2003
                • 1219

                #8
                damn mine are 1/2" and I couldnt bend them if I tried. Actually the handle that I have on my pulley holder is the same 1/2" keystock and I could put as much force on it as I like without it deflecting. Sure that you were using steel? Either way if 3/4" fits in the carrier I guess you cant go wrong.
                1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
                1994 Corvette
                LT1/ZF6
                2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
                3.7/42RLE

                Comment

                Working...