Anyone Interested In Honing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 95whiteprix
    • May 2005
    • 40

    #1

    Anyone Interested In Honing?

    Check this site out.

    The only thing better than GM is a GM with a 60V6 under the hood.
  • Mach10
    • Jan 2006
    • 232

    #2
    Honing... Isn't that how the coneheads get off? [/90s_ref]

    Extrude hones are cool, but frighteningly expensive. I'm planning to do some similar work to my intake... But the narrow, long runners are very well tuned for my purposes. I think I'll get better gains from a simple polish rather than increasing runner volume.

    The tricky part is finding long-stemmed flap-wheels to fit my drill and/or die-grinder.

    Hehe... I should just hook up a sand-blaster with really fine grit, duct-tape it to the port, put a funnel under the other end, and run it back to the sand tank,, turn the air on, and let it go to town for a couple of hours per runner

    Comment

    • bszopi
      Site Coder
      • Apr 2000
      • 9190

      #3
      IIRC, last I checked it was ~$600 to get a 2-piece aluminum EFI manifold done.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

      Comment

      Working...