Blowby Gasses

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • manny
    • Jun 2004
    • 34

    #1

    Blowby Gasses

    Just a quick question... If someone were to remove the PCV from his engine and just leave it like that, how long would it be before the blowby gasses would create acid build-up and affect the engine internals?


    For the record... I did not do this to my car.
    You\'ll only see tail lights getting small...
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2
    RE: Blowby Gasses

    I've known several people who replaced the PCV with a filter and have not had any issues.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • geoffinbc
      Iron Head Enthusiast
      • Oct 2003
      • 5831

      #3
      It will never create a buildup or any problem. Either PCV gets sucked into the intake to be burned or it vents to the atmosphere.

      Some engines dont even have it.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

      Comment

      • Juglenaut
        • Dec 2003
        • 1130

        #4
        It is just for venting the crank has nothing to do with acids. More or less helps with frothyness of oil and to equalize pressure differences.
        I am back

        Mechanical/Service Technican

        Comment

        Working...